- Cookies Policy
- Linking Policy
- Terms And Conditions
- Privacy Notice to California Users
Last Updated: July 1, 2020
How We Collect and Use Your Personal Information
We collect Personal Information directly from you (such as when you contact us), from third party service providers and business partners (such as when you participate in sweepstakes or respond to surveys), from public-facing websites (such as publicly-available information posted on social media), and automatically through cookies and other data collection technologies when you visit our website.
In the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Identifiers, such as your name, IP address, and if you win our sweepstakes, your government-issued identification. We use this information to communicate with you and to respond to your inquiries. We may also use your Identifiers to send you surveys and questionnaires. If you participate in our sweepstakes, we will use your Identifiers to administer the sweepstakes activities and notify you if you win. We may use your IP address for our own data analytics purposes.
- Contact Information, such as your e-mail address, postal address, and telephone number. We use your Contact Information to communicate with you and to respond to your inquiries. We may also use your Contact Information so send you surveys and questionnaires. If you participate in our sweepstakes, we will use your Contact Information to administer the sweepstakes activities and to contact you if you win.
- Demographic Information, such as your age. We use this information to verify that you are over the age of 21 prior to accessing our website.
- Location Information, such as your city, state, or zip code. We use your Location Information to assist you in finding our products when you utilize the “Find Sapporo” function on our website. We do not store this information.
- Any other Personal Information you choose to provide to us, including information you voluntarily provide when you contact us, and through surveys, questionnaires and sweepstakes activities. We will use this Personal Information in a manner reasonably consistent with why you provided it to us.
In addition to the uses identified above, we may also generally use your Personal Information for the following business purposes:
- To conduct internal research and development and to improve our products
- To detect security incidents and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity
- To comply with our policies and procedures
- To comply with our legal, regulatory and risk management obligations, including establishing, exercising and/or defending legal claims
How We Share and Disclose Your Personal Information
In the past 12 months, we have shared and disclosed your Personal Information to the following categories of third parties:
- Service Providers: We have shared your Identifiers, Contact Information, and Internet and Other Electronic Activity Information with third party companies that provide services to us, such as website hosting, data analytics, and marketing services (“Service Providers”). Our policy is to authorize these Service Providers to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide services to us and require that they do not otherwise use, disclose or sell your Personal Information.
We may also share your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- If we are involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of all or portions of our assets, we may share or transfer your Personal Information as part of such corporate transaction.
- From time to time, we may be required to provide your Personal Information to a third party in order to comply with a subpoena, court order, government investigation, or similar legal process.
- If we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, to investigate fraud, or respond to a government request, we may also share your Personal Information to third parties, such as law enforcement agencies.
- If you instruct us to share your Personal Information, we may share your Personal Information in a manner consistent with your instructions.
We do not share your Personal Information to third parties for their own marketing purposes. We do not sell your Personal Information.
Do Not Track
Please note that our website is not presently configured to respond to “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) signals from web browsers or mobile devices. As such, we do not recognize or respond to Do Not Track requests.
Your Privacy Rights
California residents are entitled to certain privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
- The Right to Know: You have the right to request to know (i) the specific pieces of Personal Information we have about you; (ii) the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you in the last 12 months; (iii) the categories of sources from which that Personal Information was collected; (iv) the categories of your Personal Information we have disclosed in the last 12 months; (v) the categories of third parties to whom we have shared your Personal Information in the last 12 months; and (vi) the purpose for collecting your Personal Information.
- The Right to Request Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information we collect and maintain about you. We may deny your request under certain circumstances, such as if we need to comply with our legal obligations or complete a transaction for which your Personal Information was collected. If we deny your request for deletion, we will let you know the reason why.
- The Right to Opt Out of the Sale of Personal Information. You have the right to opt out of the sale of Personal Information we collected and maintain about you. However, we do not sell your Personal Information.
- The Right to Equal Service: If you choose to exercise any of these rights, we will not discriminate against you in any way. If you exercise certain rights, however, please understand that you may unable to use or access certain features of our websites or services.
You may exercise your right to know and right to request deletion twice a year free of charge. To exercise your right to know or your right to request deletion, you may submit your request in the following ways:
- By telephone: (212) 922-9165
- By email: email@example.com
- By mail: 303 South Broadway Suite G40, Tarrytown, NY 10591
Through our Contact Us page
When you submit your request, please let us know: (1) your name; (2) your contact information; and (3) which privacy request(s) you are making. We will take steps to verify your identify before processing your request. WE will not fulfill your request unless you have provided sufficient information for us to verify you are the individual about whom we collected Personal Information. We will only use the Personal Information provided in the verification process to verify your identity or authority to make a request and to track and document request responses, unless you have provided the Personal Information for another purpose.
You may use an authorized agent to submit a request to know or a request to delete. When we verify your agent’s request, we may verify both your and your agent’s identity and request a signed document from you that authorizes your agent to make the request on your behalf. To protect your Personal Information, we reserve the right to deny a request from an agent who does not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
If you have any questions regarding this California Privacy Notice, please contact us:
by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
by postal delivery: 303 South Broadway Suite G40, Tarrytown, NY 10591
by telephone: (212) 922-9165
by fax: (212) 922-9576